Skip to main content
Examining the microbiome changes with Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) for children with recurrent Clostridium difficile infection
- Examining the microbiome changes with Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) for children with recurrent Clostridium difficile infection
- Aim: to examine the changes in fecal bacteria before and after fecal transplant
- Eligibility: Children who have had at least 3 recurrences of Clostridium difficile infection and are clinically undergoing fecal microbiota transplantation. These can be children both with and without inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Principal Investigator: Suchitra Hourigan
- Publications: Hourigan SK, Chen LA, Grigoryan Z, Laroche G, Weidner M, Sears CL, Oliva-Hemker M. Microbiome changes associated with sustained eradication of Clostridium difficile after single faecal microbiota transplantation in children with and without inflammatory bowel disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2015 Sep;42(6):741-52. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26198180.
- Hourigan SK, Oliva-Hemker M. Fecal Microbiota Transplantation in Children - A Brief Review. Pediatr Res. 2016 Mar 16. [Epub ahead of print]. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26982451