Skip to main content
Neonatal Intestinal Microbiome: Impact on Infant and Early Childhood Health and Disease
- Aim: The purpose of this study is to better understand how the developing microbiome of the newborn influences health and disease in infancy and early childhood
- Eligibility: Babies who spend at least 5 days in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Babies will have serial stool samples and skin swabs collected. A questionnaire regarding health and illness with be sent to families every 3-6 months until the age of 3 years old.
- Principal Investigator: Suchitra Hourigan
- Publications: Hourigan SK, Ta A, Wong SW, Clemency N, Provenzano MG, Baveja R, Iyer R, Klein E, Niederhuber JE. .The microbiome in necrotizing
enterocolitis: A case report in twins and mini-review. Clin Ther. 2016 Mar 9. [Epub ahead of print]. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26970697