Pediatric Specialists of Virginia’s (PSV) Pediatric Gastroenterology division presented seven research abstracts at the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition(NASPGHAN) 2018 Annual Conference (October 24-27) in Florida. Members of PSV’s pediatric hematology and oncology team also co-authored one of the presentations.
- Isolated Sigmoid colon stenosis with normal caliber rectum, an unusual presentation of Hirschsprung’s disease
- Severe Esophageal Strictures Following Intentional Nitric Acid Ingestion
- Gut microbiome changes in survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Microbiome changes associated with total parenteral nutrition induced cholestasis in neonatal intensive care unit patients
- Sustained decrease and change in antimicrobial resistance gene burden with fecal microbiota transplantation in children with recurrent Clostridium difficile infection
- Identification of Microbiome and Clinical Influences Related to Very Early Childhood Obesity
- The impact of gastric acid suppression on the developing intestinal microbiome of a child