Pediatric Specialists of Virginia (PSV) held its 2nd Annual NP/PA Education Day on Friday, October 4th at the Inova Physician Conference Center in Fairfax, VA.
Nearly 140 Northern Virginia-based Advance Practice Providers (APPs) and primary care physicians attended the free one-day event. Attendees heard from seven PSV specialists, whom shared their clinical expertise in their respective specialties and fielded questions. They also received Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits and were able network with PSV specialists and other local physician offices.
NP/PA Education Day Presenters & Presentations:
- Ian Leibowitz, MD (PSV Chief Medical Officer & Medical Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology) – Welcome Message
- Dinesh Pillai, MD (PSV Pulmonologist) – Medical Management of Severe Asthma
- Akilah Mikel, FNP-BC (PSV Neurology) – You’ve Got Nerve: Clinical Pearls of Epilepsy
- Jessica Stafford, CPNP (PSV Gastroenterology) – Villi Be Okay? Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Celiac Disease
- Kelly Crown, PA-C (Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine) – The Limping Child: The Good, Bad and Do Not Miss
- Lindsey Waldman, MD (PSV Endocrinologist) & Haley Smith, CPNP-PC (PSV Endocrinology) –Understanding Thyroid Function & When to Refer
- Robyn Morrissette, PA-C (Allergy & Immunology) – The Skinny on Atopic Dermatitis
To view all speakers and presentations, please visit: https://www.psvcare.org/fall-cme-nppa-education-day-2019.