Rheumatology Phone Number (Existing Patients): 703.635.7674
Full-spectrum care for childhood arthritis and rheumatic disorders
The pediatric rheumatology team at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia provides children with childhood arthritis and other rheumatic illnesses access to comprehensive evaluation and care. From diagnosis to education, treatment, and follow up care, our team specializes in understanding the unique symptoms that occur in children and creating tailored treatment plans for each family. We partner with families, pediatricians, schools, and other involved specialists to make sure every child with arthritis or a rheumatic disorder is able to function at their best.
From initial diagnosis through treatments leading to remission, we offer every service needed to effectively manage the rheumatic disorders of children and adolescents.
Conditions we treat include:
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- Amplified pain disorders
- Autoinflammatory disorders
- Disease modifying anti-rheumatic medications that curb the inflammation of some types of arthritis
- Biologic therapies
- Intra-articular corticosteroid injections, or steroids injected directly into inflamed joints
- Medication administered via intravenous (IV) infusion
- Referral to physical and occupational therapy
- Opportunities to participate in research studies
Our team includes pediatric rheumatologists, nurses, and other specialists and therapists, as needed by each child. We believe that families should be able to access as many services as possible in a central location while offering follow-up care in conveniently located clinics. We focus on providing family-centered care to meet the needs of children with rheumatic illnesses in the best way possible.