* If your child with diabetes is sick, click here for resources. | Videos.
* Insulin affordability /diabetes care discount programs
* ADA's Safe at School "Fall Back-to-School" Virtual Series
Multi-specialty care in one convenient location
Endocrinology disorders in children require a team approach — engaging not only the child and their family, but also existing primary care providers and other needed pediatric specialties to ensure every child receives a treatment plan tailored to his or her unique needs.
Diabetes and Endocrinology at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia includes some of the region’s top pediatric endocrinologists, including Rinku Mehra, MD, the director, who has been named as one of Northern Virginia Magazine's Best Doctors of 2018 list. In addition, the team offers a wide range of expertise in pediatric endocrinology, including psychological support.
We collaborate with many local Virginia health care providers, including the George Mason University Center for Psychological Services and the Inova Center for Wellness and Metabolic Health (formerly Inova Diabetes Center), to provide children and their families access to the best possible care close to home.
The team features child-focused expertise in all areas of pediatric endocrinology, especially disorders associated with:
- Thyroid gland
- Adrenal gland
- Sex differentiation
- Glucose metabolism (diabetes mellitus/hypoglycemia)
- Bone and mineral metabolism
- Water metabolism (diabetes insipidus)
- Menstrual irregularities
Available treatments and services:
- Diabetes education
- Psychological support
- Initiation and monitoring of insulin pump treatment
- Initiation and monitoring of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems
The Diabetes and Endocrinology team is comprised of:
- Board-certified pediatric endocrinologists
- Certified diabetes educators
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical psychologists