Neurosurgery Phone Number (Existing Patients): 703.635.2757
Expertise in childhood neurological conditions
The neurologists and neurosurgeons who specialize in Brain and Spinal Cord Disorders at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia (PSV) are experts in the evaluation and treatment of brain, spine, and nervous system conditions in children of all ages.
The Neurology and Neurosurgery teams are board-certified pediatric specialists in every aspect of outpatient brain and spinal cord care, from diagnosis to treatment, surgical intervention (neurosurgery), rehabilitation, and long-term follow up care.
In addition, Pediatric Specialists of Virginia’s Neurology and Neurosurgery teams have the expertise to evaluate and treat a wide range of neurological conditions in children, including:
- Benign and malignant brain and spinal tumors
- Teratoid/rhabdoid tumors
- Epilepsy and movement disorders
- Concussion and traumatic brain injury
- Craniofacial abnormalities
- Spinal malformations and injuries
- Chiari malformation
- Cerebral palsy and spasticity
- Febrile seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Developmental delay
- Neurogenetic conditions, including seizures with neurogenetic focus
- Neuromuscular conditions
Outpatient neurological care at PSV is comprehensive and based on the needs of the child. Treatments and services available:
- Neurologic evaluations
- Prescription management
- Pediatric electroencephalography (EEG)
- Baclofen pump
- Patient and family education and support
Children with brain and spinal cord disorders who are treated at PSV also have access to local and national research protocols and clinical trials, as well as one-stop, multidisciplinary specialty clinics and child- and family-focused patient support groups, all conveniently located in northern Virginia. These services provide an extra layer of tailored emotional and clinical support for children with neurological conditions and their families.
- Multi-Specialty Concussion Clinic: A one-stop clinic for children with concussions.
- PBI Clinic – The Perinatal Brain Injury Clinic is a joint multidisciplinary clinic with neonatal neurology, pediatric physical medicine and rehabilitation and physical therapy for our neurologic patients with cerebal palsy.
- Tuberosclerosis Clinic: A multi-specialty clinic offering a wide range of services for children with tuberosclerosis.
The PSV Neurology and Neurosurgery team has specific expertise in taking care of children, and is made up of:
- Social workers
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered nurses
- Medical assistants
- Administrative support staff trained in family-centered care