New Patient Forms — Fairfax Hamaker Location
MyChart Forms — Fairfax Hamaker Location
Comprehensive care for patients with pediatric and adolescent gynecology related conditions
The Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Program at PSV focuses on the diagnosis, medical, and surgical management of female reproductive health problems from birth through young adulthood. We are committed to providing family-centered care that treats patients with compassion and respect. Our team works with families to develop a care plan that is sensitive to the needs of each child as an individual.
Some of the services provided by the program include management of:
- Abnormal periods (heavy or infrequent)
- Painful periods
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic masses
- Vaginal and vulvar abnormalities (irritation, masses, lacerations)
- Anomalies of the female reproductive tract (vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries)
Our Gynecology team works closely with other pediatric specialists, such as Endocrinology, Hematology & Oncology, Urology, and Gastroenterology to ensure cohesive medical care for your child. In addition, the following multidisciplinary clinics are available for specialized and collaborative care:
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and Endocrine Clinic
- Dr. Rachel Casey, Gynecology and Dr. Rinku Mehra, Endocrinology work together to provide cohesive care for young women with both gynecologic and endocrine concerns, such as PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Other complex conditions that require both specialties are also seen in this clinic, such as complex case of amenorrhea or menstrual irregularity. This clinic is held in conjunction with Registered Dietitian, Kristen Hami, who is available for consultation at each visit. Psychology services are also available.
- Clinic for Abnormal Menses/Bleeding Disorders and other complex hematology/gynecologic concerns (Coming summer 2018)
- Dr. Rachel Casey, Gynecology, and Dr. Carly Varela, Hematology/Oncology, work together to provide cohesive care for young women with heavy periods and associated anemia or other hematologic condition, such has an underlying bleeding or clotting disorder. Young women with other complex hematologic and gynecologic needs may be seen as well.
Available treatments and services
- Age appropriate gynecologic evaluation
- Medical treatments suitable for stage in puberty
- Minimally invasive surgical approach
- Minor procedures at PSV Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Surgical procedures at Inova Fairfax Hospital