Hematology & Oncology Phone Number (Existing Patients): 571-472-1717
- New Patient Forms (English and Spanish): Fairfax CCBD | Ashburn Location
- MyChart Forms: Fairfax CCBD | Ashburn Location
Nationally recognized for premier care in childhood Hematology and Oncology.
Ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, the hematologists and oncologists of Pediatric Specialists of Virginia’s (PSV) Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders care for children and their families across the full lifespan of treating these disorders, from initial diagnosis to comprehensive treatments and recovery.
There are only a few pediatric cancer and blood disorder programs in the country that offer the specialized expertise in the childhood forms of these diseases that PSV does. Our team of specialists develop an integrated care plan for each family that allows them to visit one location and access all the services they need. This makes us a true medical home for children undergoing treatment for cancer and blood disorders in Northern Virginia.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Brain tumors
- Cancers of the liver, kidney, bone, and muscle
- Sickle cell disease
- Learn more about the Sickle Cell Disease Program at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia
- Thalassemia and other hemoglobinopathies
- Bleeding and clotting disorders
- General hematology disorders
From diagnosis through recovery, the PSV Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders successfully manages the unique needs of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with all forms of cancer and blood disorders. Families undergoing treatment in the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders also have access to:
- Novel Treatments: Available through clinical trials from the Children’s Oncology Group—the nation’s biggest network of childhood cancer research.
- Onsite Chemotherapy: The facility includes an onsite infusion center and specialized pediatric pharmacist, allowing us to offer chemotherapy and other infusion treatments.
- Convenient Testing: Our onsite laboratory provides patients and families with immediate access to tests and testing results, including blood counts and blood chemistry.
- Dedicated Sickle Cell and Hemophilia Programs: Patients with blood disorders such as sickle cell disease, thalassemia, and hemophilia are cared for by a multi-specialty team from physicians to nurses and social workers with extensive experience caring for children with these disorders.
- Immediate Consultations: Hematology and oncology specialists are available 24 hours a day for onsite or telephone consultation with referring physicians and hospitals across the Washington, DC, metro area.
- Family-and-Child-Centered Care: A facility designed with the patient in mind, including:
- A dedicated space for art therapy
- Video games for teens and older children
- Quiet rooms
- Easy access to amenities and public transportation
- Long-term follow-up: Cancer care does not end at the last treatment. We provide specialized medical and emotional support long after cancer retreats.
Each child and their family are supported by a dedicated care team that includes some of the nation’s best:
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Social workers
- Ambulatory care technicians
- Art therapists
- Child life specialists
- Education consultants
- Lab technologists
- Oncology pharmacists